Thursday, May 15, 2008

These things happen in twos...

After reading Libby's blog about Miles' fall, I guess I better 'fess up to our little baby mishap. Josh, Sam , and I were at the Dollar Store looking for car toys to take on our trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house in a couple of weeks. Sam was still buckled in his car seat in the top of the cart and Josh jumped around with the usual, "Wow!" " Look at this!" and "I need this Mom!"s that we now endure every time we set foot out of the house.
The trip went smoothly - I can handle two at a time and these two are normally easier. As I was paying, Josh started hanging on the side of the cart. Like a good mom, I told him to please stop and explained the dangers of his actions. I paid and was waiting for the receipt as I saw the cart, out of the corner of my eye, start to topple. I caught it right before the whole thing landed on Josh. But, there was nothing I could do to reach Sam's car seat as I watched it fall out of the cart and head for the floor upside down in slow motion.
The lady in line behind me grabbed Sam and I grabbed Josh. She was so sweet; she asked if she could take my crying baby out of his seat and hold him while I held Josh. I agreed telling her that Josh was particular when it comes to moms, but Sam will still accept anyone willing to hold him. Both boys were fine, just scared. Sam has a little scrape from brushing a shelf, but it went away with a touch of lotion.
The same lady that helped with Sam kept reassuring me that this can happen to anyone - like I don't know - I have four boys, lady!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Just so ya know, I think it takes someone really special to be a mommy to four boys! You def. handled that well! And yes, it can happen to anyone. Somehow, we dropped Erin (buckled in her infant seat) off of a bench at McDonald's when she was just a few months old. Talk about embarrassing. Oh, well- no permanent damage done...that we know of!