Sam is loving the Halloween candy thing. He's really only had a couple of Dum Dums, but he thinks they're the best thing since pureed bananas!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
We had company over the weekend. For some reason, they thought we needed a new toaster. Just because you have to lean it over and pull your struedel out with a plastic fork when it's done...what's wrong with that? It worked for us! Anyhow, we took a moment to remember all of the toast, struedels, and poptarts from the last ten years and then we said goodbye. The new model, a gift from Megan, can do 4 slices at one time and it has a hinged bottom so you can empty out the crumbs! It's pretty fancy; hope it lasts the next ten years!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
It's time for Reflections. As in the Reflections contest at school where the kids can take something they've worked on and enter it into the contest. This year's theme is WOW! Cam really wanted to enter a picture that he had taken with his camera. As we went through all of his photos on the computer looking for something that was WOW!, he decided on this one! So, Grandma, I hope you're as good of a sport about everyone seeing your pictures as you were when you let Cam take it! (The office ladies were really impressed with it when I dropped it off if that helps...)
Monday, October 27, 2008
You see, Josh had crawled into Jared's lap halfway through the show and fell asleep...after he drank about 20 ounces of soda. Boy, was I glad I was already holding the baby!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
I don't know how devoted you are to Dora, but we have most of her books. This picture is from the Halloween one. Boots can't decide what to be for Halloween. He ends up being a chicken and a baseball player and something else I can't remember.
We're going to end up with something like this for Josh, I think. So far, he wants to be a ghost, R2D2, Indiana Jones, a ninja, and Yoda. We get excited about each idea in hopes that it will stick, but he keeps changing. I'm running out of time to get the costumes together so he might end up with a ninja mask, Indy's fedora, a Yoda robe with R2D2 legs poking out the bottom, and a ghostly sheet ties around his waist!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This is his second trick. He toyed with it last week. Monday, we caught him on the fourth stair up. Tuesday, his insane daddy encouraged him all the way up! Thanks a lot, daddy! Today, I caught him again about five stairs up (there are 16 in this stretch!) and called his name. He turned around and flashed me a huge smile before going rigid and sliding back down on his belly. This is the not-so-cute trick!
Ummm...I think we need our baby gate back if our cousins are done with it!
Monday, October 20, 2008
The way Manda explained it, when a store rejects part of their order, the guys at work are welcomed to it. Alex brought home a few boxes of meat Saturday, and passed on some of the luck to us. Alex gave us 12-2 lbs packs of ham, 24-1lb packs of hot dogs, and 12-1 lb. packs of bacon. Honestly, the boys were excited, but Jared could hardly contain himself. The only thing better than meat is FREE meat! (It was even his idea to take the picture!)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Me : Why yes, angel, we're going to see daddy at work.
Cam: Really?!? We're going to dad's work.
Me: Sure thing, Babe. And then, Mommy is going to take you out to lunch!
Jake & Cam: Wow! That's awesome! You're the best mom ever!
Me: Oh, you guys are pretty awesome, too.
Jake: What are we going to do at dad's work?
Me: He wants to show us their new office and the game room and let some lady give you a big, fat
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The boys with their pumpkins; Sam was scavenging yucky stuff on the floor
Jake decided to use a stencil we found on the Internet. He poked holes through the stencil and then we played connect the dots with the knife. I think it's supposed to be Jack from "Nightmare Before Christmas".
Monday, October 13, 2008
To top off the busy week, Jared and I went to the Reba concert Friday night. Jared actually bought the tickets for me back in August. I was so excited to go since Reba is one of my two all-time favorites. I had tickets once before, but I sold them so we could put every penny down on our house. The guy we sold them to went on and on the next day about how great the concert was - I finally got to have my house and the concert, too! Reba sang with Kelly Clarkson and they did song from both artists.
Saturday it got pretty cold finally. Sunday morning, we woke up to the first snow of the season. There was only a little, but it was enough to get us excited. Too bad it all melted before we could play in it.
That's Reba in the black. She's skinnier than a toothpick!
Friday, October 3, 2008
1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? excited and dumbfounded
3. How old were you? 24.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We had gone to Louisiana for our first Christmas and on the drive back, I was so exhausted and certain restaurants smelled horrible. Once we got home and I had the flu, we put it all together and took a test.
5. Who did you tell first? Jared and then our parents
6. Did you want to find out the sex? definitely - I had to prepare!
7. Due date: August 21, 1999
8. Did you deliver child early or late? 2 days late
9. Did you have morning sickness? For 9 months! one trip to the hospital for an IV and 2 to the Dr.'s office for IVs; nothing stayed put; did you know you can survive on only a tablespoon of water/gatorade an hour?
10. What did you crave? Wnedy's hamburgers
11. Who irritated you the most? people that told me I couldn't be that sick
12. What was your first child's sex? boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? lost 17 the first few months and ended up at about 5+ pre-pregnancy, so 22 altogether
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? dehydration and the cord got wrapped around his neck for a little bit during delivery
15. Where did you give birth to your child? Am. Fork hospital
16. How many hours were you in labor? 4 hours. Water broke at noon, left for hospital at 1, he was born around 4
17. Who drove you to the hospital? my mom
18. Who watched? Jared with his face in a pillow most of the time; my sister videoed the safe stuff, my mom was there and Lisa (they all hid behind a curtain during the icky parts
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Absolutely!
21. How much did your child weigh? 6lb 14oz
22. What did you name him/her? Jake as in Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles - I don't think I named him after Jake Ryan, that's just the movie that put the name in my head
23. How old is your first child today? 9years, 1months and 11 days
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Anyways, that's how I justified watching Oprah for an hour while I fed Sam a bottle and put him to sleep. Since I only see Oprah about once a month, I know this was the one I was meant to see . Take a little time to at least watch the slide show and read the story (follow the link).
Actually, the Lehi City Planner (or at least the one from six years ago) is a brainiac!
With new houses going up in the field west of us, someone noticed our addresses were off. So, six years ago when our neighborhood was being planned, someone mislaid the planning maps over one another and our addresses are off by 100 units west. One neighbor asked why not just give the streets in the new neighborhood real names, then the off numbers won't matter. I guess it's because it's Ivory Homes and the Mayor doesn't want to mess up that huge deal. He's better off bugging our whole neighborhood instead of Mr. Ivory!
We got the new street signs today. My change of address form is sitting here next to me waiting for attention. Not that it will help, Lehi Post Office has a reputation! My checks all have a non-existent address, but I have 3 3/4 boxes with that address! All of my bills will now go to the people on the street behind us because they are now 950W. Maybe that's not so bad - he's a lawyer! Do you think the city planner will come watch all of the boys while I go stand in line at the DMV to make the change on my license?
So, for Christmas card purposes (since that's all regular people snailmail anymore), our new address is