Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally meeting Poison Control

Josh : Mom, what's this?
Me : What?
Josh : All these medicines on the floor?

Sam's preschool adventure today included emptying the 180 ct. Gummie Vitamins and the 90 ct. Vitamin D bottles in to the carpet. I picked up 66 of 90 vitamin Ds, not sure how many Jared has taken in the last 10-14 days. No clue how many vitamins should be left, it didn't look too much lower than when we passed them out at breakfast.

Me : Sam, did you eat any medicines?
Sam : {hides his face}
Me : Sam, look at my face, I'm not upset I just need to know if you ate some of the medicines.
Sam : {whispers} no

Heck, why am I asking an almost three year old if he ate any gummies when they were just there for the taking? I'm sure he dumped them out and walked away.

PC : Hello, Poison Control
Me : Hi, my 3 year old may have taken some extra vitamins and vitamin D pills while I was being a good preschool teacher, but a bad mom (but please know, I have three other kids and I've never called you before!)
PC : What brand? How many? How many originally? Is he flushed? headache? nauseous?
He's OK. I'll call you back in an hour to check on him. Watch for bright, yellow, odor-full diapers.
Me : Thank you. (p.s. I'm a good mom, I'm a good mom, I'm..a...good..mom, ok, fine, I'm doing the best I can but he's killing me!)


Will there be a day in the near future when Sam doesn't have my heart racing for one reason or another?!?

Doesn't he know I had a birthday, too, and I'm too old for this? My aging heart can't handle it?

For anyone keeping count, the score since January 8th is Sam- 7, Mom-0.
3 bathroom vs. toothpaste incidents
1 bathroom vs. hairspray incident
1 bathroom vs. spray cleaner incident
1 syrup vs. the pantry incident
1 Poison Control incident

5 comments:

Lorna said...

Kevin got together with a little neighbor girl and and they ate a large bottle of fluoride. I was so upset about it. Poison control was great and not judgmental at all. They were both alright and slept a lot after. I know the scary feeling and the beat yourself up feeling very well. You are really a good mom and that Sam is quite the explorer. You will laugh about him someday soon!

Sarah said...

Anika drank diluted Murphy's Oil Soap when she was 2 1/2. She burped a bunch of bubbles and screamed like crazy as I washed her mouth out. But they said it was fine.

Now doesn't that make you feel a bit better?

Heather said...

I am so sorry that you are down 7-0. What can I do to help you even the score?

Brossettelewis said...

Boy your hands are full. {giggle}

Suzie said...

That is not a good score at all.
Hope this week you have pulled into the lead.


(by the way-I'm back in the Wedding Biz so if your sis needs anything-let me know)

:)