Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thriller Night

Act I

A few years ago, Jared and I saw Thriller. We liked it so much, we decided to go again and take the two big boys this time. Of course, Jared insisted we have dinner at The Pie on the way. It's his favorite restaurant and he needed to be rewarded for convincing me he really wanted to go to the show even if there wasn't going to be a big, orange ball or an electronic scoreboard!
I really love going to plays, dance recitals, musicals, etc and I wanted to introduce the boys to a little bit of 'culture' that wasn't the fuzzy-growing-on-something type. I think they really liked the show. That is, after we got past the zombie out front with the really freaky eyes! Poor Cam was a little scared as we took our seats, but he calmed down as we laughed at the Chucky dolls, Frankenstein, and Jason and his hockey mask. I loved hearing their favorite parts all the way back to Manda's place to pick up the little boys. And, just to clear things up, neither of them were really scared of the freaky-eyed zombie - my mistake!

Act II (a.k.a. Just Gimme My Kids Back, Manda!)

My sister, Manda, jumped at the chance to take the two little boys while we went to the show (especially after we fed her pizza, too). I thought the show was only two hours, which would have us ending at 9:30 and on our way to pick up the little boys. We didn't really get out until 10:10. I called Manda and she seemed calm, too calm. She said the little boys were asleep in her bed. I had no idea she was so ticked off at us for being late!
We got to her building and the elevator was mysteriously not working. So, Jake, Cam and I headed up the stairs after StrangerDanger #1 used his keycard to let us into the eerie stairwell. We made it to the 3rd floor and the same guy swiped his card again to let us into the main building. The following events may be a little biased and presented under the influence of the Thriller production:
*I knocked on Manda's door & got no answer. I thought to myself, "she's trying to steal my babies to sell them on the Black Market to pay off her new car!"
*We went down the other stairwell which only led to the parking garage so we went back to the 3rd floor. Smart Jake had propped the door open so we could get back in.
*Went down our original stairwell, door on main floor was locked. 3rd floor door was locked, too. Locked in stairwell. Can hear Manda laughing through the vents. "Mwah ha ha ha!"
*Look out in to parking garage to find someone to let us in building. Avoid serial killer guy. See Manda. She ducks under cover, but we find her. Make it outside when Manda reluctantly show us how to open garage door to the outside world.
* Manda acts like she 'forgot' her key card to get in the building. Evil glimmer in her eye. Lady finally pulls up and lets us use her key card to get inside.
*Conveniently can't find any helpline phone numbers so Manda starts to call police. I think she was actually calling her accomplice that had a chainsaw.
*Find StrangerDanger #2 in original Stairwell again. Cameron approaches him, "Sir, could ye spare a cardswipe on the 3rd floor for a gentleman and his two handmaids?" or something like that anyways. SD #2 lets us onto the 3rd floor.
*Manda lets us into her apartment where Sam and Josh are still sleeping. I swear I heard her grumble, "Foiled again" under her breath.
* Cam and I grab what belongs to us and quickly leave. Manda warns us to never visit Downtown again - she says it's not safe there! "Mwah hahahah!"

*Um, yeah, thanks for babysitting Aunt Manda. You're a real peach!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun sister!

Brossettelewis said...

She is evil! What if the killers got to your babies first?!? It's all fun and games til some one gets killed.