Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

I saw the coolest cake on another blog and thought the boys would have fun making the cupcake version for St. Patrick's Day. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever explained the rainbows had to do with the holiday...oh,well, like we need an excuse to make cupcakes! We colored our cake batter all the colors of the rainbow (except indigo - who made up that color anyways?) and then layered them in the cupcake papers. I think we got it all done with only one broken glass, two licked stirring knives, and four finger dips in the batter. Pretty good for us!

Manda and I also made a special dinner for St. Patty's Day that included green pasta and green kool-aid. It brought back memories of one of my first cooking experiences from when I was ten years old. I made spaghetti for dinner and it must've been this same holiday because I remember coloring the pasta green. Growing up, my mom always mixed the meat sauce into the pasta. You can only imagine how appetizing the green pasta looked covered in ragu!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

Too many good ideas! I already wrote down the ingredients to the rainbow cake. Thanks for the link. Does it taste as good as it looks?