Monday, September 6, 2010

It's just a phase

I seem to go in spurts with hobbies. The last ten years I've been so obsessed with scrapbooking that I only dust off the sewing machine for Halloween costumes and the occasional baby gift or mending. Enter Craft blogs. Given, most of the stuff I want to make is girl stuff (which doesn't fly too well around the Meiners' House), I'm loving my sewing phase. I don't think the boys are as jealous as they pretend to be - I think it's more a concern over the fact that the kitchen table is covered in fabric rather than food!
I saw this cute top on a blog and since my boys refused to wear it, I made it for Grace. Now that I know how to do the shirring with an elastic thread bobbin, I want to shir everything!
See? More shirring! I just lengthened the shirt tutorial to make Kate a maxi dress. Her mom says she's crooked, not the dress, but I think I'll check it out myself next time I there. Who wants to wear a crooked dress?
The boys were a little upset that I was making "everything" for their cousins and nothing for them, so I let Josh run around the house in one of the aprons I made for Preschool. I'm thinking I might need to hem those up a little...
Last but not least, Jared's mom brought us a ton of apricots from her tree. We (I) made tons of fruit leather and syrup. Jake was a good sport and let me take a picture of him eating some pre-shower.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

yomommadonna said...

Thanks for posting, it keeps me from going nuts. You dad is recovering well, just need to get his stupid knee back in order. I'm a little afraid to leave him to go back to work in the morning. The dresses and apron are cute. Teach me to Shirr when I get there.