Monday, August 30, 2010

We're a two car family again!



Jared bought a truck today which means I get my car back!

Not that it's all about me, but I'm so excited that I'm making up places to go just so I can drive!

He wanted an older model Toyota Tacoma with low(er) miles and the extra space in the back. We called on this truck Saturday afternoon and it had just sold, so Jared was a little disappointed. Later that evening, the guy called back and said it wasn't 'sold' anymore. Jared's words were, "Unfortunately, I'm out for the evening with my wife". (I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it came out.) Monday, after work, he took care of the details and came home in his new truck! We have two cars again!

When Jared's last car died back in May, Sister Slater gave a talk in church that included a story about a family that had to deal with having only one car. The wife struggled with walking everywhere, in all kinds of weather. When they finally bought another car, she counted the days she had been without a vehicle and compared the experience to the pioneers that had taken the same number of days to walk across the plains. I haven't counted days, but I sure have a new appreciation for the blessings that make our lives so much easier!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice, no more staying home.