Friday, June 13, 2008

blowing of steam

Sometimes I really hate computer! Ours has had a lot of ups and downs with the hard drive in the last few months. After several ignored promptings to back up my pictures, it died. They're lost. Sad day. Sad, sad day. You know how I am about my pictures.
We took it in and paid a load of money to get it fixed. Now, after Jared has recovered, I think, 1000 of my pictures, the stupid thing died again. Luckily those are mostly saved online now, but I can't edit any pictures of out trip to Louisiana or add them here ( I know you want to see the gators!)
Manda left her old computer here so we're using it, but I can't download pictures because our software isn't on it and I don't want to fill up her hard drive and I can't print anything. (I know that's a run-on, but it's my blog). Jared says it will take forever to install our printer onto this computer. Do you know how much I detest handwritten job charts when I have so many cute fonts and cliparts ?
I guess I should be happy we still have internet access. OK. I'm done whining. Hopefully, we'll have pictures soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My poor schmoopie. I am sooo sorry. That really stinks. We had our hard drive crash a couple of years ago. Luckly, Justin was backing stuff up, we only lost a few cute pictures. But all my bookmarks were G O N E. I had to start from scratch. Of course, that's nothing compared to you. I am so sorry. Maybe if you put a band aid on it, it would work.

yomommadonna said...

Your husband is a computer guru. The unit is only nine years old and held together with bubble gum and bent coat hangers. Why don't you BUY a new one? Consider the technology you are missing.