Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Yes, they're all ours!

Well, Lib and I made it to Louisiana last Friday night. The most often asked question we've gotten is, "Wow! Are they all ya'll's?" I told one guy at a truck stop that we just pick kids up along the way. We tried to do the mom and nanny act at one store so we could really shock them and say they were all Libby's and I was just the nanny. We've cracked ourselves up trying to find the most shocking way to answer - but the simple truth (yes, 4 are mine, 4 are hers) seems to do the trick. One guy today said, " Ya'll really took the Bible seriously when it said to go forth and multiply and replenish the earth, huh?" !!

We grew up here. My mom has 4 kids. I don't remember so many people asking her if they were all hers. Maybe people had more tact 20 years ago? Maybe we weren't 8 at one time in the Hobby Lobby aged 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 9mo, 9mo, and 4mo? Anyways, I think I'm just a little frustrated with the fact that manners are supposed to be a big thing here and people are proving to be less well mannered than I remember.

1 comment:

pfabulouspfun-der said...

When talking to someone about us having our 4th child recently, (I wish I could remember who- but I have pregnant brain) they responded "Don't you know that four kids is the new eight!" Think about it... I couldn't agree more!!!