Friday, November 6, 2009

Crush? Yes Girlfriend? No

Shot through the heart,
and you're to blame,
You give love a bad name

This is really what I was expecting! Well, not Bon Jovi, but I was expecting a little bit of arguing when we delivered the news to Jake. I was ready for tears. I was ready for "but you said"s. I was ready for stomping upstairs. The night after he told us about his girlfriend, we explained to him that he couldn't have a girlfriend.
We explained that the Prophets have told us to wait until we're 16 to date and if we let him have a girlfriend now, he could get into trouble later. I don't think he understood what we meant by "trouble", but in a very un-jake-like way, he agreed with us!
He asked if it's OK for him to still like her and we said crushes were allowed. I mean, really, he called dibs and I'd hate for all that pre-planning to go to waste! And, I was so proud that he didn't even think about asking her for his candy bar back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How funny, I dedleted the post because I spelled a word wrong....
It should have said...LOL kids now adays.