Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fatherly Advice

On the way home tonight, I was made aware of the fact that Jake has a girlfriend! Yeah, he's, ummm, ten! So, Jared has known about this for a week now because that's when Jake extended the offer to Riley to be his girlfriend (she just barely accepted today). So anyways, here's some of the advice that was bouncing around our car on the way home:
  • you should give her the big Snickers bar you got for Halloween because 'chicks' like chocolate
  • you have to call dibs on a girl to make sure you get to be her boyfriend ; otherwise, one of your friends could get her (I found out tonight that Jared called dibs on me some 11 years ago, how romantic!)
  • she's really only your girlfriend when you're both at school because that's the only time you really see her.
So, now that you know the incredible romantic powers held by my husband, please remember that he's taken. I called dibs on him!

P.S. Lock up your daughters - he's teaching everything he knows to my boys!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Aw, how sweet. He called dibs on you. That is actually a really cute conversation.

Brossettelewis said...

Does this mean Jake will start using soap? Remember you wanted him to have a desire to use soap.

Lorna said...

I'm sure glad he dib'ed you! Just think what could of happened if he hadn't.

Sarah said...

consider them locked up. except boys have been calling dibs in S since kindergarten. maybe if she keeps wearing the same outfit everyday and not brushing her hair it will stop. but probably not ::sigh::

Unknown said...

Did you not tell Jake that he can't have a girl friend until he's 16. He can only have a crush on them now? Man I'm glad my daughter is much too old for him.