Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cool Valentine's


So, it's a little hard to find just the right Valentine's when you're a boy. We're too old for superheroes and Hot Wheels, but we're not really into the 'tween stuff like Jonas Brothers, either. It needs to be cool, but not look like you tried too hard. What to do? What to do?

This is where mom has to try with everything she's got not to explode with all of the ideas she's seen on craft blogs in the last two weeks. Play it cool, Mom. Don't let the excitement show, that's a real turn off for these boys. Throw out the idea and let them know they can take it or leave it.

Wait for it....Wait..for..it... BINGO!

They took the bait! I'm really proud of my... er, um, their Valentine's. I think they turned out really manly in a elementary school way, definitely NOT cute!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

abbybrossette said...

Those are awesome!

Lorna said...

Wow, very impressive. Creative but still cool for boys!

Kim said...

I love those! Very manly. ;)

Jo Squire said...

I died laughing when I saw this come out of my girls bag. loved it. Merrill even thought it was totally cool. to bad we go to the same school so now I can't use it next year. (that's not cool)