Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lorna's Cake

Jared's sister, Lorna, had a birthday last weekend and the family threw her a party. Jared's mom asked me to make the cake which both excited and worried me. I always fear the great ideas in my head won't look the same once they make the long trip from my brain to my fingertips!
I really wanted the cake to be great, you know, kinda like Lorna. When Jared was younger, he used to go on family vacations with Lorna and her family. When we got engaged, she made my wedding dress. She has always treated me more as a daughter-in-law than a sister-in-law. She's always given us advice we've asked for and let us make our own decisions. She's always adored our kids. She's always made us feel like there is no one else she'd rather see when we go to visit her.
So, for all of those reasons, I wanted the cake to turn out well. Happy Birthday, Lorna!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kim said...

Your cake turned out WAY better than my Lego cake. I'm going to hire you next time I need a cake.

Unknown said...

You beat me getting my pictures up. It is such a beautiful, perfect cake. I loved it. In fact it is my favorite birthday cake next to the fresh strawberry one you made me several years ago. You have a gift! And thanks for the compliments. I love you and your family very much. I had a wonderful birthday, thanks for being a part of it.

Lorna said...

Woops, that was Lorna not Patrick. He must have signed on to gmail.

ugkuyg said...

Wow, what an amazing cake!!! You're going to have to teach me how to do that someday. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with everyone!

Kelly said...

Kim, this cake took 8 hours to make! I almost cried when they put candles in it and wanted to eat it!