Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Are you using coupons yet?

I love couponing! We used a lot of our food storage while Jared was out of work and I've been slowly building it back up. This week, a new grocery store in town sent out FREE coupons for hot dogs, buns, chips, and soda. Now, usually, I would advise against getting tons just in the name of good manners - save some for the other shoppers. But, this sale has been going for a week now and there were still stacks and stacks of groceries to be had!
We found a bunch of extra ads just by asking people that weren't going to use them if we could have theirs. And, I have to admit, we did rummage through a couple of recycle bins. But, before you judge me, look what I got for
FREE!!!!



11 pkgs of hot dog buns
11 pkgs of hot dogs
11 bags of chips
11 cases of Shasta

for free!

And, whilst we we rummaging through the recycle bins, we found some "$10 of your purchase" coupons for Kohl's. So, we stop by there tonight, too. The boys needed some shorts and we found some great things on the clearance racks.


We got 3 pairs of shorts, 2 t-shirts, 1 button down shirt, 2 pkgs of underwear, and a pair of Levi's all for $9.74. Those two muchkins in the back were already paid for.

I'd have to say it was a pretty good shopping night for us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you like hotdogs. That is a lot.

Kim said...

I try to coupon, but either they are not delivering my Sunday paper or someone is stealing it. I keep forgetting to call and complain.

I guess I need to pay better attention to the ads I get in the mail too.