Sunday, June 27, 2010

We had an awesome Saturday at the Lehi Parade and later at the Highland Water Pad with our aunts, cousins, and friends. We opted out of the post-parade carnival this year due to budget cuts, but I think the kids had just as much (if not more) fun playing in the water and not waiting in line!


Here is most of the group - family, cousins, aunts, one friend. Sorry, Zellers, you tried to distance yourselves from us and you didn't make the cut in the pictures! Hey! Who's empty chair in the middle of the photo? Iggit!

Sam was so excited as each float came by but he would get really annoyed when I tried to take his picture. He really liked the parade. Honest.

Talk about liking the parade! Manda was outta control, but she made some hot & tired kids on the floats smile and she earned us lots of candy so CARRY ON!

Cute Katie caught a hat from one of the floats. Luckily she had pigtails to help hold it up on her head!


I think this was the winner of our family vote on the floats.They knew immediately that it was from UP! called out to the characters riding on the float = more candy!

The candy was a little melty, but that doesn't stop my boys. We are NOT wasters! All three of the big boys needed a picture like this, but I will spare you the ickiness and post only one.

We loved the Water Pad in Highland.Look how cute Abby was for the first few minutes before she taken prisoner and drenched by the boys!

Miles was very eager to share his cantaloupe. I'm pretty sure this piece he shared with me had already been 'tested'.

The boys had such a great time playing Frisbee and soccer with Jared. The Frisbee landed on top of the control building, so Jared and Jake had to go on a rescue mission.(P.S. I sunscreened everyone except Jake - don't know how he got away - but, the poor kid is a lobster today!)

I'm really not playing favorites by posting two pics of Kate, but I think these are the only two pictures I have taken of her in four years where she actually looked at me and smiled! Isn't she cute!

Sam and James being rebels! Utah law states that you can't swim in public without a swim diaper. Lucky for us, Jared ran to Kohler's and found a pack of swim diapers for us to all share.

Sam explored every inch of the place! He loved the drains, the fountains, the taped off area of grass, and the water. I love this age - he's so curious about everything right now!

1 comment:

Brossettelewis said...

How did you get Kate to look at the camera AND SMILE.

That's not my James, that's some other baby... Hawaii suit, blue shirt, navy sun hat.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ArscZ12UwiQ/TCfnuiWlhwI/AAAAAAAAC1s/0M1U5-PL97M/s1600/P1050212.JPG