Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's a Stinking Grocery Store, People!!

So, this was my thought before I realized I was there, too, in the middle of it all!
The new Smith's Marketplace in Lehi opened at 8AM this morning. I thought I'd run over, of all things, to look for Bakugans. My thought was if they're out all over toan and on the internet, a new store just opening would surely have them. Well, I got there at 8:03 due to the fact that if you keep your kids out of school to hunt bargains, you can get in trouble...blah, blah, blah.
  1. Anyways, it was a crazy madhouse run amok! I know that's repetetive, but that's what it was! It was like WalMart on Black Friday morning! Right in the front door, they had cereal for $1 a box and you know how I'm a sucker for deals , especially cereal deals! I started loading my cart up, but ran into 2 problems.You had to buy 10 to get the price and I had left my coupons at home. I know this sounds really stupid, but I couldn't do it. 10 for $10 or go back later and get 10 for $5? Some lady kept pushing me and reaching around me to get her Lucky Charms. She finally bumped me hard enough to make me drop my goods. "Oh, sorry" she tried. I gave her a dirty look without even thinking. It's not like me to treat shoppers' rudeness on the spot, I much prefer the 'tell all my friends about you later' method. So, I put my cereal away and walked to the toys to cool off.
  2. The actual peg for Bakugans was already empty. Luckily, they were prepared with a worker on every corner, and she showed me a secret stash near the games. Another mom followed me to the stash, but I warned her that "they were all mine!" Um...just kidding, do I really look that scary? She hesitantly took a couple after I promised her I only needed 3 for stockings.

We did get the dollar milk.We didn't get the dollar bread, they were out. And, I wasn't about to wait in line for the freebies: sausage, juice, eggs, and muffins.

So, after preschool, I gathered my coupons and we went back. I got my 10 cereals for $5. I got my 6 loaves of $1 bread. I got my 10 boxes of hot chocolate for $5. I even got my free eggs & sausage. I only waited in line for 20 minutes which was awesome because it was still a madhouse! The people working there were amazingly friendly and helpful. And, I think I deserve a prize for going there twice the first day and not hurting anyone!

4 comments:

Manda said...

where are your pictures?

Brossettelewis said...

You will always hold a special place in my heart and a link in my blog so my friends can see what my crazy sister will do for a deal. :) You're a freak!

So uhh, what time ya need me for Black Friday baby sitting?

Kathryn said...

There was NO WAY I was braving that store on opening day in the rain. You are one brave woman.

(I just took their ad to Walmart & price-matched everything. I know - wimpy, wimpy, wimpy)

Shauna said...

What a great blog! Thanks for sharing :)