Friday, February 27, 2009

Jared's back



Jared sprained his back last week and I don't think he's completely 'back' as my title reads. Here's a little timeline for your entertainment (and, mostly for mine because it's been a tough week!):
02/18 Jared folds treadmill to load in his van and twists funny
02/19 Jared can't move! Kelly has to dress him (after she dresses the baby of course). Jared heads to chiro in Draper; goes to Lorna's house to relax after chiro; freaks out Lorna's family to the point that they call Kelly to come pick up her man and get him home; neighbors come and give Jared a blessing

02/20 Jared is so proud he dressed himself minus his socks; carpools to work at 9:30; boss call's 'Jared's wife' at 10:30 - Jared is lying on the floor of his cubicle about to pass out from pain; overexcited boss calls EMT's who show up with an ambulance and a firetruck! Jared yells,"I'm not on fire!"; Jared is sooooo embarrassed (that's why I included the pic)Kelly explains to EMTs we don't want to ride in their fancy truck and we have no money for said ride; EMTs load Jared in our car; Jared lays on couch rest of day

02/21
Jared wakes up in the early morning and tries to get out of bed; almost passes out in the darkness of the bathroom, but 'he didn't want to wake me'; we go for another trip to the chiro; Jared lets me run errands while he sits in the car with the kids (like he could move anyway!); my sisters show up and take the kids for Happy Meals; neighbors come over with a massage table and voodoo oils and work Jared over(pic of neighbors to the left); Craig and neighbor give Jared a blessing; Jared feels good enough to cheer on the Jazz; my sisters take me to Cafe Rio to pick up a Happy Meal to go

02/22 Jared skips out of early meetings at church but wants to be there to conduct Sacrament Meeting ( like we're gonna wheel you to the pulpit like they do Elder Wirthlin?); Neighbors come over and do some more voodoo; we all skip church and sleep instead; Jared says everything tastes so good when he's on medicine - I think he just wanted me to continue feeding him through the hole in the massage table; Jared gets blessing from our home teacher

02/23 Jared says Mardi Gras party for this evening must go on; Jared goes to dr and gets muscle relaxers; treats me to Cafe Rio for take-out lunch (do you think I eat when I'm stressed?); Jared supervises child labor clean-up prgram until he falls asleep on couch; Jared scoots around party in computer chair looking like he's drugged up

02/24 Jared goes back to work; stops at chiro on the way home; still hobbling

02/25 Jared goes to work; hobbles around Pack Meeting until someone tells me to take him home

02/26 Jared does a load of dishes! Hallelujah! Kelly rejoices in the slightest bit of normalcy! Lays on LoveSac after dishes to recuperate


4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Bad backs are no joke!! I fell down an entire staircase when I was 19 (at work, no less!) and it still gets me once-in-awhile.

But you'd think he'd plan it better. I mean, for your sake. Like when you were out of town or something.

Men! Sheesh.

Sherry said...

So sorry to hear about Jared.. I can relate. I have been where he is about 7 yrs ago. It does get better!!!! I have an inversion table if he needs to stretch his spine. Hang in!

Brossettelewis said...

I think he's faking to get out of dishes.

Suzie said...

Love the recap. Glad he's back.