Friday, March 27, 2009

don't you love it when you're right?

So, like 14 months ago I had a baby. I have been round and round with Humana insurance and Timpanogos Hospital. You know normal things like
  1. the hospital switched mine and Sam's Social security numbers so all the bills were being sent to him and I couldn't pay them because I had no number!
  2. they wouldn't cover Sam because even though we called the insurance the day we had him, we didn't find time to send a written letter saying we had had him
  3. the hospital, again, listed Sam as BB(baby boy) Meiners on all of their claims so Humana refused to pay because BB doesn't exist
  4. even after I took the kids to the hospital and talked to the lady and her supervisor and her supervisor and she called the Big Guy on the phone and they all said our bill was paid in full, I still got calls from some lady in Missouri saying I owed more money!
We finally decided to pay it off on our credit card and be done with it.

So, today I open the mailbox and there's a $500 reimbursement from Timpanogos because we accidentally paid too much!
Whatever!

And, yep, it all has to go right back to the credit card.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oy! Can you imagine what the world would be like if folks would just use their noggins?

Glad you got everything settled - FINALLY!

PS - my word verification is "mental". perfect.

Suzie said...

I hope there was an apology letter too!