Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Have you ever wanted something so bad...

I have become obsessed with the Shark Steam mop. I saw the infomercial back in December. I want it. Look how happy the lady is in the picture. I neeeeed it. I could do all the tile from the front door to the oven. I could do the baseboards. I could do the walls. My house would be so clean and sanitary that it wouldn't matter what Sam was eating off the floor!
I wanted it for Christmas and Jared refused. "I'm not getting you a mop for Christmas" which was the smart husband answer. But what he didn't understand is that I really, really, really want it!
I see it everywhere for $80-$90, even WalMart. I've been watching for a 30% off coupon day at Kohl's. I did the math in case I found a 20% off at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I checked Ebay. And then, ta-da! I saw it at Costco for $68.99 today. I picked it up. I turned it over. I hugged it. In my mind, I quite possibly named it George. But, alas, I put it back on the shelf and walked away.

My floors are still dirty and Sam will most likely die from something icky he picks up and puts in his mouth. But, hey, I didn't spend any money and that's what really matters! I think.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Way to be strong!!

Isn't there some quote about resisting temptation making us stronger...???...

Naw.

You neeeeeed it.

Brossettelewis said...

Not being infested with nasty boy germs makes us stronger. Go get yer mop!

I remember it being something like the test of faith...you did it, you resisted....now you can go get it. Tadaa stronger and cleaner!

abbybrossette said...

the trick is if you want it put it in the basket(like you did) put it back(like you did) and then in two days if it is all you can think about go back and get it!

The Burninghams said...

I love it!!! But I am a little concerned that you would name it George? Is that an old boyfriend. Does Jared know about this? I am really worried.

Kim said...

Now you're making me want one. And I don't have that kind of will power. If I name it, it's mine. If I had lots of money I'd buy George for you and one for me too.

Sarah said...

You're a very strong woman! I'm very proud of you. Now when will your husband learn that if you ask for it as a gift it's okay to buy it for you?? Come on. I got a washer and dryer for Christmas one year. Okay it was after Christmas and the dryer had just went out, but even so. You should get what you want!