Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things we learned while mom was sick

1. If mom doesn't feel like getting up to make chocolate milk, you can do it yourself and improvise with water. Josh reported it as being 'disgusting' and still tasting like water!
2. Dad CAN cook. Albeit you get Mac & Cheese with a side of instant potatoes for dinner, he can and will do it once you get hungry enough.
3. Dad can exaggerate, too. When he reminds you he spent an hour making your dinner so you should be happy to help clean up toys, don't let him get away with it. "It took you an hour to make something mom can make in 10 minutes? " Cam defiantly points out. He still had to pick up all the crackers that were spilt on the floor.
4. If mom is wheezing orders from the LoveSac, simply turn up the speakers on the computer game you're playing.
5. Joshie (4) has the best handle on what goes on around here all day. I think he was the most eager to play with Sam and get things for me when his older brothers 'just couldn't do it'. Such a good helper, that Joshie, until I got him sick...
6. Husbands give very good advice like: "don't be sick anymore", "take care of yourself while I'm gone", and the ever-popular response to my whining, "don't die!"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Those husbands give such helpful advice. What would we do without their wisdom? Actually, I'm impressed. When I'm not around my husband takes Jonathan out for undercooked chicken from Panda Express, leading to a fun night of food poisoning.