Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cub Scout Fun


( I know this is an ugly collage, but there were so many pictures to post! The top and left sides are our toolboxes. The bottom right corner is our volcanoes.)
We've been trying to make Scouts a little more fun for our boys and I've really had fun myself.

A couple of weeks ago, we had out First Ever ScoutaPalooza! Oh, I can tell you're jealous already and you don't even know what we did! My partner's husband has tons of wood working tools and he taught us all about them. Then, he helped us build some awesome toolboxes! Thanks so much Brother Tunnell - you're time, patience, and talents are so appreciated! We also worked on knot tying and roasted some hot dogs and mallows for our outside cooking achievement. (Don't tell anyone, but we roasted over the grill because we've had so much rain that my backyard and my wood were all soaked).

Last week, we built our volcanoes. We were supposed to build them at ScoutaPalooza, but we ran out of time. The boys cut out their posterboard volcanoes and decorated them in the kitchen and seriously looked at me funny when I said we had to erupt them outside! Again, my partner, Sister Tunnell, was great and got right in there with the vinegar ( I think she had more fun than the boys!). We had the best time ever watching the vinegar/baking soda/ red food coloring mixture run down the road!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a successful activity! Is ScoutPalooza going to be an annual event? You really went above and beyond on this one...