Monday, June 29, 2009

Hike to Battle Creek Falls

For Scouts today, we hiked to Battle Creek Falls. Actually, Sister Tunnell and her boys, Me and my boys, and Carson hiked to the Falls. We have 4 other boys in our den, but none of them could make it. The hike is only 1.6 miles round-trip, but, boy, was it steeper than I remember! The reward at the end makes it all worth it, though. The waterfall is beautiful! The boys played in the freezing water and ran through the water at the base of the falls. I played photographer so I could have a chance to sit and catch my breath!
My Cam, my Josh, Sis Tunnell, her Josh, her Jordan, her Gabriel, my Jake, and Carson!
My three boys on the bridge that crosses the river. Last time we went on this hike, you had to cross through the water.
Jake and Carson walking across the river to get to the other side of the falls.
Sis Tunnell and our boys on a huge rock we found on our way out of the canyon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: