Thursday, June 25, 2009

Manti

We're going to Manti to see the pageant tonight. To get the kids excited, we looked for info about Manti on Google. Here's what we found:
  • It is about 96 miles from Lehi
  • It will take us about 1 hour 45 minutes to drive there (if we obey the law)
  • There will be wars in the play
  • Manti is a weird turkish ravioli dish looks like this
What, Mom?

Oh, umm, let's scroll down. Ahhh, OK. Google image #19 under "Manti" looks like this
So, it really does look like a temple? Yes. It's a temple and it looks like a temple. But there's still gonna be wars, right? Yes. Will there be ravioli? Heck if I know!

3 comments:

pfabulouspfun-der said...

no ravioli... but you can go buy a manti turkey dinner for fairly inexpensive at the churches on main street. My grandpa will most likely b e working at his store on Main street. They close at 6. Yes there are wars, but we have yet to take our children. You may pass my mom on her way home from Ephraim to go see my grandma. Man I wish I was on my way down there. It is possible to make it in about an hour and fifteen. I would not suggest that as the cops will be out in force.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a great trip! It's on our list of "things we'd like to do if we ever have the time..."

Enjoy that 1 hr 45 min drive! (wink!)

Sarah said...

I found this for you. http://iloveturkishfood.blogspot.com/2007/06/manti-and-fake-manti-recipe.html
It seems right up your alley. Well, maybe the last part. I don't think I'm even up for the first part right now.