Monday, July 21, 2008

Backtracking... (check back for pics later this week)

Cameron celebrated his 7th birthday last Saturday (the 12th). I can't believe he's getting so big. We took some of his friends to Jump On It which is a open warehouse style building with wall-to-wall trampolines. After jumping, we came home for cake, ice cream & PRESENTS! He still loves Batman, so we had Batman building cupcakes. And, like any boy party, there were plenty of water guns, nerf crossbows, etc. Where are all the books, stuffed animals, and educational toys? Honestly, the kid needs underwear for school and some church socks! Maybe that's why people don't ask moms what their child needs, but instead, what is he interested in?

The same morning, Jake had a karate tournament. Jake has been in karate for 2.5 years now. I think he's really good at it. He's getting to the point, though, where he needs to practice more at home because the move are getting more difficult and the forms are becoming more involved. Of course, I'm off my rocker to suggest this (don't laugh, if you don't already have a child like this, you will!) So, when he wanted to be in the tournament, I thought it would give him a chance to see what the competition looks like but not get totally obliterated. He did win a second and third place ribbon, but his eyes were glued to the gold medal that was awarded for first place. I hope this encourages him to beef up, ok start, his practicing at home.

1 comment:

abbybrossette said...

I found a pic of beans from last years party at that other jumping place, with the cake that said, happy birthday Lameron. Cam is wearing the batman mask, but I didn't know how to paste it here, but its in my facebook album photos.