Monday, July 28, 2008

I heard Uncle Randy on Toby Keith!

I like to turn on music when I'm cleaning. Singing along makes the work go faster. I was looking for ABBA today, but found Toby Keith. And all of a sudden, right in the middle of cleaning the wire basket fruit thingy in my kitchen, I heard Uncle Randy! The song was "I'm just Talkin' bout Tonight" minute 2:02 on this youtube version. Did you hear it? The "Hey, Hey, hey" part? Can't you just see him with his giant smile saying this? (And , no, the rest of it has nothing to do with him nor does the video.)
Uncle Randy and Grandpa were already on my mind because of the RS lesson yesterday about death. What a week to choose to sit on the front row - but everyone was sniffling a little, so I guess it was OK. Even though we know we'll see them again, our human emotions can't help but grieve. I miss Grandpa and his "Hey Man" and the Hicka Pah song which lives on with all of these little boys. I miss Uncle Randy. I miss his "Hey Gurl" when we call.
So that song will be the "Uncle Randy song" from this point on.

1 comment:

Brossettelewis said...

I tried listening to it several times, that'll just have to be your Uncle Randy song.