Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Party's Over :(



We had such a blast over Spring Break. I actually had a fun time with all of the kids while they were home. We weren't able to go out of town like so many of their friends, so we tried to do something fun everyday.
On Monday, we went to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the real theater. You laugh, but this is really a treat for our kids. They normally don't see a movie until it's at the dollar show or Redbox. They had been begging to see this one so it was our fun thing for Monday.
On Tuesday, we stole Kathryn's idea and went to the museums at BYU. The kids loved the Bean Museum. Cam took lots of pictures for our blog. We didn't last so long in the Museum of Art. I guess we're not cultured enough to appreciate it! After the museums, we went to the Creamery and had really expensive ice cream. Jake was really excited about BYU and kept asking me questions about the 'olden days' when I went to school there.

Cam's favorite animal is the giraffe so, of course, we got a good shot of him.
The Hippo really needed some dental work. You'd think with all the tuition and stuff, they could help the guy out!

On Wednesday, we stuck around the house and worked on our basement. I thought they'd hate it, but they had the best time finding books and toys they had forgotten they had! Plus, anyone that helped clean up got $5 pizza from Little Caesar's!

Thursday was a bit of a disappointment. We went on a scavenger hunt at WalMart. I made a list of things to find (something that swims, something funny, something your favorite color, etc). We took pictures, but it would have been more fun if I would have let us split up and race. I wasn't quite up for that! I realized they were getting to me when I was the one to point out the WM worker straddling the apple juice spill so no one slipped. You can only imagine what it looked like to 4 little boys and a deranged mom!

Friday was the best because dad took off work! He took us to Golden Corral for lunch which doesn't do it for most of us, but think what it means to little oys when they hear they can eat as much of whatever they want! Afterwards, we went bowling in Provo and showed the boys where Jared and I met. We finished the afternoon at the park.

I think the kids had a fun week. I can honestly say I was sad to drop them off at school on Monday. That is until I got back home and took a good look at the devastation that was waiting for me!
Cam with his matching shirt/bowling ball combo

Jake (who is looking WAY too grown up here for my liking)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are truly the best mom ever! What a great week with you and your boys.

Kathryn said...

Museums - an EXCELLENT activity choice! (wink!) So glad you had such a fun week. We enjoyed our "stay-cation" too. :)