Sunday, April 26, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend!

So, if the weekend begins on Friday, technically 12:01 AM is the weekend. And, that's when our fun began!

Puma finally exploded, er, um, I mean gave birth. Even though we made her a cozy 'birthing center' in Jake's closet, she chose to have her babies in my closet under my clothes. I was up to 12 and nothing. Luckily, Jared had gone out to see the Jazz game that night and when he came home about 1 AM and heard the mewing. He helped her with the last one because she was struggling and then carefully moved them all to the right closet with a towel. In all, there were 8 kittens, but only 7 survived. My animal doctor friend says that's an amazing number of kittens for one litter, especially a first. I guess she's an overachiever!

Friday night we went out to dinner and a movie with some friends. We had such a great time laughing over dinner. We saw the 'Soloist' which is about a homeless man. I left feeling so grateful for the things we have. A home, food, clothes, a functioning mind and body. We are so blessed.

Saturday, I left everyone home and went to Salt Lake with my sisters to walk in the March of Dimes March for babies. I was amazed by the two little boys that went door to door in Provo collecting change and had raised over $1200! Our family team is trying to spread awareness about TTTS. It was 2 years ago today that my sister found our her twins had TTTS and due to knowledgeable doctors she has 2 super cute boys now. So many doctors don't know very much about TTTS and, therefore, their patients, the mothers, have very little hope. If you know someone that's having multiples, ask how many placents they have. It might seem strange, but if they know/find out, it could save their babies!

Saturday night we went out for our anniversary. I remember when we had been married for 2 or 3 years and people announced their 10 and 11 year anniversaries, I thought they were soooo old! Well, we've been married 11 years now! And, no, I'm not old (unless you ask my kids). We went to The Roof Restaurant that overlooks the Salt Lake Temple (where we were married). Jared talks about The Roof all the time so I was really shocked to find out he had never been there. It was amazing. The details in the carvings and the spires at the top of the temple go to the very tip top. We watched a bird sit on one of the spires of the temple and watch the people below. Jared's only regret was that he got so full on Prime Rib that he cold only eat three desserts!

Tonight, we got to go to the Eight is Great Program at church. Cam will be 8 in July so he'll be baptised in August. He was so excited to go to the program, he must've mentioned it 20 times between noon and 6 when we went. He can't wait to get baptized and go to Scouts. I'm excited he's getting baptized in August because he'll be old enough to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication later that month.

So it's been busy and I'm tired, but I'd love it if every weekend was just like this!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Fun weekend!

And, I hope that 8 is Great lived up to Cam's expectations...