Monday, July 13, 2009

For Kim, My Adoring Stalker

How to make a Lab Coat!
(I made this up as I went so feel free to change anything you need to to make it better!)

1. Cut the button & button hole plackets off the shirt. Cut the collar off the shirt. I cut them all right on the seam that sewed them on. Also, use a rotary cutter and quilt cutting mat; it's faster & easier. (If you don't have those things, I know someone that will loan them to you :) )
2. Line the sleeves up together and cut them straight across right above the buttons. I found some short sleeve dress shirts, too, which let me eliminate this step.
3. Around the neck, from shoulder seam to shoulder seam, snip quarter inch snips so it'll be easier to sew on the curve. Sorry I had to cover the flash so it wasn't gleaming!

More detail of the curved neck pinned down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: