Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ice Blocking

A riend of mine in Chicago posted on Facebook that she was taking her kids ice blocking for FHE Monday. I thought about it and decided 1. the kids would love it and 2. I hadn't rolled down a good hill in a while. We had a blast and the kids thought I was auper duper for coming up with such a great idea. (Thanks Maureen!)

Sam went down the hill a few times with Jared, but he much preferred chasing the dogs that were at the park.
Cam is growing up way too fast! I love this shot of him.
Josh tried in on his bum and on his tummy, and finally decided that someone else's lap was the best way to go.
I made it all the way down the hill once (although not the time pictured). I blame it on balance and my lower back problems, but once Jared made me a double-wide (put both blocks side by side) I did it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Burninghams said...

I am going to have to steal this idea too! Thanks Maureen.

Kim said...

I recognize that park. I also recognize the cool brown stripes made by our ward's slip n slides on the 4th. ;) I haven't been ice blocking since I was a kid. I'm sure your boys think you are the coolest mom.

Mary said...

You are too cool!