Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rocket Launching

I think I finally hit the nail on the head when it comes to Father's Day. Even though Jared is 35 now, he's still, and always will be, a boy. He doesn't want ties, books, etc., he wants to blow things up! And, with four little boys, I have happily resigned myself to liking the smell of sulphur as things take off, wasting a bottle of soda in the name of science, and finding the grossest things possible to share with the rest of my crew.
Three of the four kids have been sick this week, so we decided to shoot off the rocket in the field at the elementary school for some excitement. The directions called for a laucher and an igniter, but Jared attched a cord, spliced the wires, and used a battery from the Power Wheels. He really is great at engineering all kinds of stuff! (As a sidenote, I always had a thing for McGyver when I was little, and would you look at who I married?!?)







Here's a video of our launch. Sorry it's sideways - I'm still learning. Maybe I need help from McGyver!

No comments: