Friday, July 31, 2009

Yellowstone Pt. 4

We went to Yellowstone for 5 days. We camped, yes, in a tent, for 5 days. Luckily, they have pay showers and I dare say that was my favorite part of the trip!
Anyhow, the boys loved all of the things we were able to see. The second day we were there, a buffalo came out and walked right behind our car. By the 4th day, we'd seen so many buffalo that we weren't even jumping out of the sunroof to see them anymore. Sam sat in his carseat and just watched them, with an occasional "Whoa!"
We saw geysers,mud pots, Old Faithful, waterfalls, and creeks. And, we smelled lots of rotten eggs, a.k.a. sulpher from the geysers.

(Enjoy some pics and when you get tired of looking at them, be grateful I didn't post all 196 that I took! And, that's not even counting what's on Cam's camera!)
Jake and Jared throwing Sam around on the Boardwalk. I think it's one of those things that makes Jake feel grown up, so I just shut my mouth and pray Sammers doesn't end up in a geyser!
We took a picnic break one day at the Nez Pierce Creek. Jake and Cam cooled off in teh creek. Cam is still into silly but, again, muscle poses? What? Is he growing up?
Jared and my sweet Sammers in the creek. That little boy is not afraid of water at all. I'm afraid!
Proof that we saw Old Faithful. There's another geyser, the Beehive Geyser, that is nearby and only goes off once a day. We were lucky to see it while we were waiting for Old Faithful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: