Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam!

I've been trying to figure out how to get pictures of Sam over the last two years into a slide show with a sweet, sappy song all day. I can't do it. I guess you have to have a Mac for that!

So, instead I have a sweet picture of Sam that I took yesterday when I found him eating glue sticks in the kitchen. That's almost as sweet and sappy as the slide show, right?

I remember two years ago thinking I was going to have to drive myself to the hospital to have this baby! Cameron was packing my bag for me and we were trying to get Jared on the phone at a Health and Fitness Show he was participating in. I was a little nervous only because my labors are very quick. No way did I want to have a baby on the side of the freeway! The first contraction came a little after ten, we arrived at the hospital at 11:10 and Sam arrived at 11:50. With a less than 2 hour labor & delivery and being nine days early, Sam will always be one of my favorite babies.

  • Over the last two years, he has proven to be quite a Momma's boy and a Daddy's boy, too, for that matter. At least we know he loves us. He adores his big brothers, "the guys".
  • He's finally starting to talk a little bit and able to communicate with us better.
  • He likes to dump things, spill things, spread things, etc., and he leaves a path of destruction in his wake!
  • I love that he has started choosing which books he wants me to read to him which are usually "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub", "Monkeys Jumping on the Bed", and "Hands are Not for Hitting".
  • He loves balls, "vrooms" (cars), babies, and Batman.
  • He loves to be sung to, also. His favorite songs are "5 Little Ducks", "Child of God", "Once There Was a Snowman", and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star".

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Hi. I am looking for a preschool this fall for my twins. Beth Crowley told me you do one. Is this true? Can you give me some info and such. My email is scrapade@yahoo.com. Thanks Kelly. Adrian Walton

Brossettelewis said...

dude, you stole by blog background?