Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stockings, finally!

A few years ago, I made stockings for Jared and I and our, then, two boys. Since then, we've added two more boys and it seems no one wants to use the pink-ish stocking that was once Mom's. I told them it was more of a fuschia, but still, no takers.
So, last year we changed up the color scheme on our Christmas tree a little (And by we, I mean me. Me changed it, me only one that notices any difference. The beauty of having all boys!) The stockings didn't really match anymore. I wanted to make new ones so my mom offered to take the old ones off my hands. I didn't get the new ones done, so she let us use them one last time before taking them back to Louisiana with her.
Fast forward to this year. We put up the tree. We put out the decorations. Jared hung the lights. But, where in the world are the stockings? Oh hecky! Someone needs to get sewing! So here they are - this year's new stockings, hung a week before Christmas so Josh can relax. Whew! The boys got to pick there own fabric...well, they got to pick their own out of the four fabrics I brought home anyways. My favorite part has to be the giant rick rack. i need to find more projects that call for that stuff!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

yomommadonna said...

The new stockings are beautiful. I like them too, Ha!! NO, I won't beg for them. I do have the old ones hanging above my fireplace. Thanks Kelly, you make all the things I want. Mom

Heather said...

I love love love your craftiness and your wililngnes to share your talents! The big bric brac is SUPER cool, just like you!