Friday, October 3, 2008

My first baby

I was tagged by Sarah so you can all read about my first pregnancy! It was so long ago that I'm surprised I can remember all this!

1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? excited and dumbfounded
3. How old were you? 24.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We had gone to Louisiana for our first Christmas and on the drive back, I was so exhausted and certain restaurants smelled horrible. Once we got home and I had the flu, we put it all together and took a test.
5. Who did you tell first? Jared and then our parents
6. Did you want to find out the sex? definitely - I had to prepare!
7. Due date: August 21, 1999
8. Did you deliver child early or late? 2 days late
9. Did you have morning sickness? For 9 months! one trip to the hospital for an IV and 2 to the Dr.'s office for IVs; nothing stayed put; did you know you can survive on only a tablespoon of water/gatorade an hour?
10. What did you crave? Wnedy's hamburgers
11. Who irritated you the most? people that told me I couldn't be that sick
12. What was your first child's sex? boy
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? lost 17 the first few months and ended up at about 5+ pre-pregnancy, so 22 altogether
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? dehydration and the cord got wrapped around his neck for a little bit during delivery
15. Where did you give birth to your child? Am. Fork hospital
16. How many hours were you in labor? 4 hours. Water broke at noon, left for hospital at 1, he was born around 4
17. Who drove you to the hospital? my mom
18. Who watched? Jared with his face in a pillow most of the time; my sister videoed the safe stuff, my mom was there and Lisa (they all hid behind a curtain during the icky parts
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? vaginal
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Absolutely!
21. How much did your child weigh? 6lb 14oz
22. What did you name him/her? Jake as in Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles - I don't think I named him after Jake Ryan, that's just the movie that put the name in my head
23. How old is your first child today? 9years, 1months and 11 days

No comments: