Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mwah hah hah hah hah!

Jake :You're really gonna check us out of school early?
Me : Why yes, angel, we're going to see daddy at work.
Cam: Really?!? We're going to dad's work.
Me: Sure thing, Babe. And then, Mommy is going to take you out to lunch!
Jake & Cam: Wow! That's awesome! You're the best mom ever!
Me: Oh, you guys are pretty awesome, too.
Jake: What are we going to do at dad's work?
Me: He wants to show us their new office and the game room and let some lady give you a big, fat
FLU SHOT!
Jake & Cam: Whaaaat?
Me: It was all dad's idea; I just wanted to take you out to lunch!
Cam: Will you and dad get the shot, too?
Me: Yep, we need to be healthy, too.
Josh : Will we get to watch daddy cry?
Me: If we get there in time...

5 comments:

Kim said...

You are so funny! I called the doctor's office to find out if they had flu shots yet and Jonathan yelled at the top of his lungs, "I'm not getting a shot!!!" The receptionist got a good laugh out of that.

yomommadonna said...

Mine's due the 21st. Be sure to take the camera. Can't miss a good "shot".

Kathryn said...

I totally forgot about flu shots. Sigh. Another thing to add to the list.

Maybe you could take us along to Dad's work, pretend we're family, and then take us out to lunch too?

Or not. :)

Mary Denton Taylor said...

I just love your sense of humor. You totally crack me up.

L Wilhelm said...

Kelly, I am a total cheater and got your blog URL from when I saw you sign up to view mine. It is so fun to see your family! I just got a total kick out of this entry about the flu shots. It reminded me of the wonderful sense of humor you've got. Talk to you soon. Lisa