Friday, August 7, 2009

Cameron's Baptism

Cam was baptized last Saturday. I keep putting off posting because I want a picture of him in his new gray suit. The problem is he inherited my aversion to church clothes and he's in playclothes before I can ever grab the camera. Maybe this Sunday.

Anyways, his baptism was very sweet. The week leading up to the baptism, Cam was a little apprehensive about the water temperature, how long would dad hold him under, etc. But Saturday those fears were all overcome by his excitement! In the chapel, before he was baptized, Cam was so grown up as he shook hands with people that had come to celebrate with him. We had most of our family there. Our neighbors, the Hatches came and our Home Teacher Brother Ovard. Sister Ovard was there, also, and Cam as thrilled to see her being that she was one of his favorite Primary teachers.
As Cameron entered the baptismal font, he was shaking with excitement. I don't know if I've ever seen him with a bigger grin on his face. His excitement brought 'proud momma tears' to my eyes. On Sunday, Cam bore his testimony about how warm the water was, how it was a little scary, and how he knows the church is true. Jared was conducting Sacrament Meeting so he was also able to bear his testimony about the Power of the Priesthood. Jake and Josh bore their testimonies; Jake expressed how he felt the Spirit as Cam was baptised. I also was able to bear my testimony that I know this church is true. I know the priesthood has been restored to the earth and we are so blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder in our home. I know that our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, live. I know they love us. I know that Cameron has completed the first ordinance necessary for him to return to live with our Heavenly Father and I am so proud of him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

These are the important things. We were lucky to hear so many from your family bear their testimonies on Sunday!