Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jakey!

Ten years ago, I became a mom for the first time!
Ten years ago, I held tiny little 6lb. 14 oz. Jakey in my arms for the first time.
Ten years ago, I had no idea how this little boy would make me laugh and cry.
Ten years ago, I never pictured you as a Brown Belt in karate, a fifth grader, a Rock Star, a Rip Sticker, a Bakugan collector, a Bear scout, a big, big, big brother, or a 10 year old!

Time flies and I'm learning to look to the future a little more (if only to prepare myself) and I see you as a missionary, a Black Belt, an unsure-on-the-inside-confident-on-the-outside high schooler. I see you towering over me in the near future but always willing to give your momma a hug. And, I love you for all of it!

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY JAKEY!

Kim said...

Aw, what a sweet post. Happy Birthday Jake!