Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Break 'Projects'

I've been blog-surfing a lot lately and have realized that like a 15 year old girl, I fall in love very easily. Except, I'm falling in love with things to sew, things to paint, things to glue, etc. Funny that the more things I find to make, the less time I have to make them!
Over the mini-vacation from school, I enlisted some help from the boys and we marked a few Halloween things off my list. They are great helpers when it comes to making icky, scary stuff!

FYI: these are not crafts. I live in a house full of boys and we do not craft. We do projects.

Bubbling Cauldron

Here's the beginning of our cauldron. We just used our Dutch Oven because we didn't have a cauldron and I'm too cheap to buy one!

Josh and Jake did most of the painting. I found out Cam doesn't really like to paint and Sam likes it too much!



Halloween Wreath
Again, I'm cheap and refused to pay $10 for a hideous wreath at WalMart. So, our adventure began with looking for a cheap wreath. On the way to DI, I stopped at Big Lots. Ugly wreaths on clearance for $3.50! Score! We dipped the ping pong ball in glitter and made our cool eyeballs.


Halloween Bats

We found these bats at Crafter's Corner. It's a place in American Fork that sells lots of pre-cut metal for crafts, but also some unfinished wood projects in the back. The boys loved painting the bats and I finished them with some paper, glitter, and tulle.

Halloween Bouquet

Cam and I made this little bouquet for a friend that needed a smile. It probably could've used more chocolates, but, umm...we like chocolate and there were only so many in the bag!

1 comment:

Heather said...

These are awesome crafts! Ummm, I mean projects. You and your boys are so talented!