Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Costumes

One of the blogs I like to look at is called Sew, Momma, Sew .After all of these costumes, boy, do I feel like I deserve to wear her title for at least a week! I either helped make or made nine costumes this year! There were 2 princesses, one fairy tale heroine, one Disney bad guy, one meat product, one fatality, one UFO, one animal rescuer, and one cave woman.
My nieces wanted to be Princess Tiana and Charlotte LeBouef from Princess and the Frog. Since they are the closest things I have to girls, they pretty much get what they order from me!

My sister, Abby, wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood and needed help with her costume. By "help", she meant she needed someone to take the bed skirt she found at DI and turn it into a skirt! Her roommate, Cindy, is a school teacher and so she fittingly wanted to be Cruella DeVille. I helped with her coat which I think makes it available to all family members!

Jake decided to be bacon. As I heard on the radio the other day, bacon will be his 'first love until his first love comes along'! Cam was going to be King Kong coming out of the top of the Empire State Building, but opted for Man Being Eaten by Shark once he realized you'd be able to see his feet under the King Kong suit. Please don't tell him you can see his feet in this costume!

Josh wanted to be an alien but gave up on it when I would let him wear a mask. We were on our way to the fabric store to get a dragon pattern and fabric when we stopped in the Halloween store next door. I must've done something good that day because right there was an alien costume for only $10! We took an inch off the mask and turned it into a hat and Voila! he was an alien. Perfect except for the mom-guilt that creeped in because his was the only non-homemade costume. So, we made a flying saucer out of cardboard, newspaper, an emergency blanket, and glitter. Now I felt better. This was also Josh's first year to be in the much coveted school Halloween Parade. He was so cute and he beamed through the cafeteria!

And, Sam. Sam, Sam, Sam. Sam wanted to be a fireman, a monster, a policeman, Dora, a monkey, Diego, pretty much anything he heard someone else was going to be. Even a princess at one point, but don't tell Jared. We settled on Diego and made a vest and hair, but I don't think he ever wore the whole costume all together! The best picture of him is the one above with Josh. For Trick-or-treating, it got cold and rainy so he wore a monster suit from the dress up box that Jake wore for Halloween about five years ago. He immediately got into character by chasing Manda around the front yard and growling at her. In this picture, he's wearing the box that his Halloween Potato Head came in for a hat. Lucky kid gets to go to the store alone with mom now that everyone else is in school and it usually works in his favor!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Very impressive costumes all the way around!