Monday, October 18, 2010

Unknown Milestone & Cornbelly's

Over UEA weekend, Jake got to go on his first overnighter. It was actually a double overnighter in Heber. I'm all over the milestone thing, 5= kindergarten, 8 =baptism, 12=priesthood & passing sacrament, 16=dating & driving, so I was a little surprised when this one snuck up on me. We packed his things - I nagged about enough blankets, he played it cool and brushed me off. Amazing how well we played our roles on our first try! After he left, I wished I had thought to take a 'before' picture to go with the one I planned to take on his return. As it turns out, there are no pictures. But, he had a god time doing archery, achery-ing, whatever you call it and he did well in the basketball tournament until "some 16 year olds schooled us!" What?!? that's teenager talk! Oh, hecky!
So, anyways, the rest of needed something fun to do, especially because 2 of the 4 of us were really ticked that we weren't old enough (or male enough in my case) to go to work or go to scout overnighters.
Yay for Cornbelly's! Even more Yay! for the $5 off coupons in the school office!
There was so much to do. We were there for almost 3 hours and could've would've stayed longer if I had known you could bring food in. As it was the boys were starving and I refuse to spend $8 on a concession stand burger! We played in the corn, jumped on the giant trampoline, rode the tire horses, slid down slides, rode the train, went through a small maze, sat on pumpkins, play cornball volleyball, and went through a blow-up haunted house. The 3 little guys, or as I was told, the 2 medium guys and 1 little guy had a blast!

This was my favorite picture of the day. Sammers is such an angel when he's only two dimensional!

The boys loved playing in the corn. We spent the most time here.

Cam poured tons of corn down his shirt because he wanted to be the Cornbelly of Cornbelly's!


There was a mountain of pumpkins to climb all over.


Sam tried to hitch rides with Josh & Cam - pedaling in the dirt was a little too hard for him.

The cow train went in 5 figure eights for each ride. Cute little Josh waved and yelled "Mom!!" every time!

The bump slide was a blast!


Josh at the bottom of the bumpy slide.


All three on the roller slide


Josh & Cam kept running to the top and falling down before I could get their picture. That's them in the green stripe on the jumping mat.

Sammers jumping.


The tire swings were the first thing they wanted to try!



1 comment:

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! And I also LOVE the pic of Sammers in the corn.