Sunday, October 24, 2010

Josh lost his first tooth!!

Josh's 'big' tooth has been growing in behind his baby tooth for a couple of weeks now. When I first saw it, I asked if the baby tooth was loose. He didn't know! So, we've been wiggling it for a few days now. Wednesday night we sent him to bed and told him to keep wiggling. About five minutes later, he came running down stairs with a giant smile on his face and his tooth in his hand.

In the middle of the excitement, we took a picture. Look how tiny that tooth is!We put it in a baggie until I could get his tooth pillow ready.
I hurriedly sewed his tooth fairy pillow together and ran it back up to his room, but I was too late. There was no chance of waking him up and I didn't dare leave an eyeless tooth next to his pillow for him to wake up to! (I was out of hand-sewing needles to sew on the button eyes.) Lucky for us, the Tooth Fairy leaves a dollar even if your tooth is just in a baggie!

(And, even luckier for us, if Mom is so busy sewing said pillow that she forgets to put the dollar under your pillow, Dad can quickly do it in the morning and when you wake up and catch him, you might just believe that he was 'just checking to see if she really came'!)

1 comment:

yomommadonna said...

Congratulations JOSH !!