Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Devotional


I really loved what President Monson said at the beginning of his talk tonight. Here it is to the best of my memory ( it's not perfect because it's been an hour since I heard it and I do have 4 kids!)
He related the story of Mary and Joseph looking for a room. The inn keeper told them there was no room. Would he have told them there was no room had he known who they were? No room. No room at all. We have homes now with family rooms, playrooms, dining rooms, craft rooms, all kinds of room. But, is there room for Christ?
We have plenty of room in our home. So much, in fact, that my sisters have dubbed our house 'Little Texas'. But, President Monson has got me thinking - have we made room for Christ? I'm trying to teach my kids the true meaning of Christmas but it occured to me tonight that I can be doing more as President Hinckley told us to do. We need more more service, more charity, more love. Those are the things that I think Christ would have us practice if He stayed in a room here at Little Texas.

No comments: