Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TTTS Awareness

These are my nephews, Miles and James. This is their blessing picture. They're 15 months now. Most of you that know me know about these sweeties. For those of you that don't, here's a short version.

My sister found out she was pregnant. Surprise! My sister found out there were two babies in March. Surprise! (She's an overachiever!) In April, my sister found out the babies had Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. Until now, none of us had ever heard of TTTS. Miles was getting so many nutrients that his little heart couldn't keep up. James wasn't getting enough nutrients and he was slowly starving. They tried several surgeries and there was always a problem with the placenta that kept the surgeries from taking place.

Our family prayed and fasted so much for these little babies. We waited by the phone and by the computer for email updates. And, we prayed and fasted some more. It really is His will and not ours that will be done. It was so scary to realize that sometimes no matter how bad you want something and how well you've done everything you're supposed to, things might not work out the way you want them to.

Watching the kids during appointments and making dinners seemed so miniscule as I looked for a way to help my sister and her babies. Now, I have a way to help. My sister wants to spread the news of TTTS. She wants everyone to be aware. So, take five minutes and read her story so you know what this is all about.

Seriously, read her story. Next time I see you I'm gonna quiz you on it. Do it because it's important to me and they're important to me and you're my friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Brossettelewis said...

Ok so it may be more than a 5 minute read but dude it's got blood, needles, life saving surgeries, and beautiful miracles... and plus I make stangers cry. It's that good.

Come on do it for the babies!

PS, Kelly rocks for posting about TTTS Awareness Day.