Thursday, December 18, 2008

DCFS is on their way!

So, I lost Josh again yesterday. I know, I can hear you groaning! Again? Yes, again.
The boys + some friends had been playing hide and seek which had turned into run crazy through the house playing tag around 4:30 yesterday. I was the party pooper that ended the game, which left Jake and Kaelen outside to play, Cam at the computer, and me in the scrapbook room trying to make a Christmas present. Josh had asked to go to a friends' house, but I said no. I figured he went to the basement to play.
Cam had a birthday party to go to at 5:30. At 5 I started to load everyone into the car. I called for Josh and got no answer. His doggy boots were missing so I figured the little stinker went to his friends' house anyways. The rest of the boys and I drove down the street and knocked at all three friends' doors. No Josh. "Hey, mom? I don't think he ever came out of his hiding place when we were playing hide and seek".
So, we go back up to the house. I was expecting to see him standing on the porch with a huge grin, the little stinker has hiding stamina like no other 4 year old I know! He's really very patient when it comes to staying hidden and fake sleeping when he's in the car. Anyways, Jake, Cam, and I go inside and start calling for him again. The thought came to me that he must have fallen asleep in his hiding place. So now, we need to find a sleeping child that's hidden - Great! Then, the thought came to me to check my closet. Sure enough, he was hidden under my clothes hanging in my closet fast asleep!
I swear, I'm going to get one of those microchip implants for that kid so I can track him down anytime, anywhere!

5 comments:

Fancypants said...

Ok - I confess, I called them. NOT! You are hilarious. I have plenty of reasons to get ratted on myself. I drive home from Tracee's house with Berkley in the front seat. I'm a horrible mom.

Lorna said...

When I was young in Manteca, I liked to play hide and seek too. I just fit between the couch and the wall. The babysitter along with everyone else couldn't find me. They called and called and I just stayed where I was thinking I was so smart and they were so dumb. They finally had to go get my mom at the church and then I came out. I still remember feeling quite superior. I don't remember what my mom said though.

Kathryn said...

Megan fell asleep under the pillows in the kids' reading nook which was under the stairs in our condo. We looked for what felt like an hour and I was in tears when my friends called the police. As we were waiting for them to arrive, I heard a little snort. After a few more minutes of searching, we found her. Just in time for the police to arrive.

One of life's humbling moments. Gotta love 'em.

Kathryn said...

Oops - I forgot to say "We realized we couldn't find her anywhere & she didn't answer when we called for her."

Sorry.

My brain goes a little crooked sometimes.

Heather said...

How crazy to have another scare so soon after the walking to church incident. I promise not to call DCFS on you!