Thursday, January 22, 2009



Conversation overheard in my kitchen yesterday:

Jake: so, you should ask your mom and if you can blah, blah, blah...
Friend : she's at work. I'll call her. Where's the phone?
Jake: Your mom works a lot!

PAUSE for my explanation :
We've had this conversation before and Jake has asked me why I don't have a job.I asked if he would like me to be gone when he gets home from school and he answered inthe negative, but he would like me to work so he can have more stuff!

So back to their conversation:
He's going to tell Friend how happy he is that his mom is home. She makes cookies and picks him up from school and takes him to karate and helps with his homework... Waaaiit for it...

Friend : Yeah, my mom likes to work so we can have stuff at our house
Jake : Oh
Friend : She like to help bring money to our house that way we can go to Hawaii this summer

Me : here's the phone! Hush your mouth and call your stupid mom! (stalk out of kitchen)

2 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Remember a while back, near the beginning of your blog, when Jake got a gospel principle.... go back to living on that. I wanna go to Hawaii.

Heather said...

Someday he will appreciate all of the effort you put forth to be available to him 24-7. What a great mom you are!