Monday, January 12, 2009

My Sister Party

My sisters and I always go out together to celebrate each other's "Special Day". There's a dinner and activity and sometimes a dictated dress code by the "Special "person.
Backstory : for all this to make sense, you must know about Pancho's. Pancho's is a mexican buffet back home that we used to go to as kids for our birthdays. They sang a fun birthday song and you always got to choose a free birthday pinata on your way out. They also had flags on every table so you could raise it and summon your server to bring more tamales, tacos, etc.

Back Backstory: Also, when I was little, I loved Mexican food. I loved it enough to declare to people that when I grew up, I wanted to be a Mexican!

Since I didn't dictate a dress code, they came up with this themselves.
Ab, Manda, & Lib in their Pancho's garb. They sang me the Pancho's birthday song while Lib danced the flamenco in her boots.

Libby made an awesome cup cake cake with the little guy from the Pancho's logo on it. She sent a picture in to Cake Wrecks so hopefully we'll see it there some day!

We also went to Cafe Rio for dinner. One of the guys behind the counter finally asked what we were celebrating. I don't know if it was the gold sombrero I was wearing, the red sashes, the pinata, or Manda's poncho that gave us away. When we told him it was my bday, he gave me a free dessert! We tried the Tres Leche which was to die for! You have to get it next time you go to Cafe Rio!

We finishe dup by going to Color Me Mine (thanx Kathryn). Ab and Manda made plate, I made a mug with flowers so no one in my house would mistake it for their own, and Lib made a box for hairbows (whatever those are!) We spent the evening talking about social work, Gary Coleman, and I don't remember what else!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Wow, your sisters ROCK!

Kim said...

Happy belated bday! I'm glad you had a fun week. Your post made me miss my sisters. How did you lure them all out to Utah?

Shelley said...

Happy Belated birthday Kelly! Sisters are the best aren't they? Looks like you guys had an awesome night! I used to love Panchos too! In fact, it is where my dad took me on my 'first date'. They actually have them here in TX, maybe I should take my fam. They would love to raise the flag and drive the waitress crazy! You guys are all quite the cake decorators! Libby did a great job. And I'm so jealous that you got a night at the Anniversary Inn!!! One day we will have to make it back there.