Monday, January 12, 2009

My Birthweek Celebration

Remember when you were a kid and you had your birthday and it lasted all week because you had the actual day, your party day, the day family came over, etc? Well, that's what I've had this year and it's been awesome! Here's a run-down of my celebrations so far:

Party 1 (thurs) : Jared needed to drop off a machine in Murray so we went to meet him up there for dinner. Manda and Alex joined us (sorry Alex). While someone 2 tables away was getting the birthday song, my boys chimed in with "cha cha cha" after every line. The other table's waitress came and 'borrowed' the boys later for another birthday song somewhere else in the restaurant. We finally showed proof that my bday was within 7 days so they sang to us and brought out cake for our table.

Party 2 (fri.) : Jared took the whole day off work to do whatever I wanted to do! (This was the best of all the birthday celebrations; he;s never taken work off for my bday before). I sorted my coupons and we hit Smith's for 18 bars of free soap, Albertson's for 6 packs of Pampers for $6.50 and Walgreen's for 6 bottles of Theraflu and Triaminic for $15. Then, we took the boys to Grandma's to spend the night. Jared and I had dinner at Tucano;s with Libby and Rich and then we went to the Anniversary Inn where we watched movies about dead people (Always and Just Like Heaven)

Party 3 (sat) : My rockin' sister party. see post below.

Party 4 (sun) : Jared's sister Lorna threw a huge lunch for me. OK, not really. It was our nephew, Mitchell's missionary farewell. But, it was still nice that I didn't have to prepare lunch. And, Jared was able to sit with me through Sacrament meeting because we were in a different ward! Jared made dinner for us and we celebrated with some neighbors and brownies last night.

This has seriously been the best birthday ever!
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

2 comments:

Janet said...

Yay - I'm glad you had a great birthday. We should've sang to you at the party too! By the time we get to our birthdays, everyone is partied out. I had to remind my own parents.

My husband was a star with my birthday this year too.

I loved what you and your sisters did to celebrate. That looks fun and is a great tradition I need to steal.

I'm glad your birthday is close to mine so all the boys could play at grandma's while the parents were off on dates.

Love
Janet

Kathryn said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya! :) So glad you've been properly loved, adored & celebrated.

Every girl needs that in her life, right? Well, that and 18 bars of free soap.