Tuesday, April 13, 2010

enjoy everyday

I had another reminder this morning about how quick life can change. I so often take for granted that life is really great : my kids are healthy, our home is warm, the people we love are OK. All of this can change in an instant - it happened to a friend of mine this week.
As I listened to her explain her feelings over losing a baby at 32 weeks the day before Easter, I thought of Elder Hallstrom's talk from General Conference. He reminded us to "never let an earthly circumstance disable you spiritually". Aren't we so blessed to know that we can go to our Savior and lay our burdens on Him? That He has already felt the pain we're experiencing now?
I'm thinking back over the ups and downs of my last few years right now, and some of them bring tears to my eyes, even still. But, there is no giving up. There's just enjoying the greatness of everyday so that we will have the strength to move forward in times of trial.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Amen. Give your friend a hug from me. Every once in a while I glimpse why trials are important and that is a tender mercy in itself.

Suzie said...

thanks for the reminder.
:)