Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Point Petting Zoo

This week is Z Week for preschool so we went to the Petting Zoo. This is the only field trip I do with my three year old class, so I was disappointed that only three came Tuesday! But, I got some really cute pictures of Sam, who was mesmerized by the animals!



These are three of my preschoolers : Halle, Luke, and Cy. We missed Porter, Kelsey, and Noah, but it was fun to have a small group that could huddle together and talk about all of the animals.

I couldn't get Sam to look at me because he was in such awe of the cow. Every time we go to Smith's, he yells and points at the cows above the milk/dairy case. We have to 'moo' at the cows for several minutes before we can move on to the next item on our shopping list. Well, these cows actually moo'ed back! Did I mention he was in awe?


They had baby ducks and chicks out already. Again, Sam couldn't take his eyes off of them. I have a lot of pictures of the back of his head!


Finally, on the pony rides, I was able to get in front of him and get a picture. He wanted to ride the pony so bad, but one he was on it, it took a couple of laps for him warm up to it. I love that his little legs barely fit over the saddle - and this was a miniature pony!

1 comment:

Niki Carter said...

You're going to think this is crazy but I was searching for ideas for enrichment on google. I typed in spa and enrichment and it brought up your post from 2008!! I LOVE The idea and we are probably going to do it! THANKS!!!