Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bakugan Birthday

So, Jake has decided he wants a Bakugan Birthday. This is the only cake idea I could find online (besides the silly lay-on edible pictures stuff). Is this woman out of her mind?!? She made a bunch of matching cupcakes, too. See? The teal-ish thing in the background. I could order it from her but she lives in Australia and the 'sculpted' cakes start at $120. How many American dollars does it take to equal 120 Australian dollars? I do have the soccer ball pan for the body...and maybe parts of a 9in round for the head and feet. Hmmm..any ideas on those wings? Or am I crazy???

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, you're crazy. Oh were you referring to the cake? I was just thinking in general.

As yes, the feminist me has been buried in the yard next to my shoes. Who needs shoes when you spend all you time in the house tendin' the chillins and chores.

Oh and they loved all the food. It was a great time. They even brought a move that they made. Very funny.

abbybrossette said...

ummm will there be invitations??? will it mess with the miracle babies??

Sarah said...

I have an even better idea. I do this with S's parties and I think it could work for this too. Make cup cakes and have the kids decorate them. Tell them they need to make their cupcakes look their favorite, whatever those things are. I have girls and we don't watch TV, mostly because we don't get any working channels. It also takes up a good chunk of time so you don't have them tearing your house apart and you don't have to entertain them either. I know...I'm a genius.

Oh and if you attempt the cake, remember the kids aren't really going to care how much it looks like the actual thingies...but they will care about how it tastes. So don't stress. I love you!

Kathryn said...

I say make Laurie Z do it.

Brossettelewis said...

No, the miracle babies moved their party to accommodate everyone and their agenda. Such gentlemen, huh.

Dude, if you really loved your kid you'd get him the cake. It almost sounded like you loved him in the school post. I guess not $120 worth of love.

ps. abz you're bringing chips.

Brossettelewis said...

i 2nd the vote for Laurie Z. dude, has she dug through her kids junk for my babies 'toys' yet?

Greg said...

I love the cake....
Do you by chance have online direction on how you created this cake?

If you do, can you please share them?

gfraize8701@hotmail.com

-Greg